Tips for Planning Your Wedding

This is more like a photographer's wish list. It's a list of things you can do to ensure that you get the best images possible. And a few side tips too!

A Variety Pack

Black and White, Color, or a vintage feel. We love to give you lots of options when we edit each photo.

All The Details

Every little detail, every side story...we capture it all. We shoot all of our weddings as though it was our own.

All the Emotions

I love those moments where everyone lets there walls down and they just allow themselves to fall into that exact moment. It's the emotional part of the story.

Images by the Thousands

We get asked all the time...How many pictures do you take? The answer...on average we take 2000-5000 images

Husband and Wife Team

We first fell in love with photography. Then many years later we fell in love with each other. We combined our passions and found a way to spend more time together. An innovative photography company prevailed.

Eddie's Blog

Eddie has his own blog too. It's another perspective on our photography adventures. You can find his blog at lyfephotography.blogspot.com.

Christina + Reuben...One Month Until I Dos

Posted by Unknown On Monday, February 01, 2010
The rain fell hard and rapped on the top of our car as we drove towards downtown Portland. It was nasty out so I held my phone and waited to see if she would call to cancel our photo shoot. We made it to the city and still no phone call. We finally met with Christina + Reuben and they were more than excited to shoot in the rain. What?! I was perplexed and totally stoked. It's not very often that we find a couple who is willing to get drenched and be photographed. Let's just be honest...we all know that we look a little "wrecked" when we get rained on. Who wants a photograph of that?
The rain fell in a light mist that coated the streets and side walks. There we were huddled under our umbrellas talking about life, taking pictures and laughing about the most trivial things. We would occasional bust up as Christina would roll her Rs as her true ethnicity would come out. I love accents! Christina had a way of playing with Reuben that was so amazing to photograph. He would just hold her and look in her eyes as if to say, "I am the luckiest man in the world."
I can see why, because she must be some sort of super woman who somehow looks better the more she gets drenched. I haven't figured it out yet, but it just isn't right.
We are so excited to be photographing their wedding next month. If this is just a small example of how well they handle things going wrong then we are in for a great day.

Photobucket

See, there is that special look.

Photobucket

She is so sassy I loved it. We would ask her to pose and she would create it into this fierce look that was just so amazing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love downtown Portland. We don't get many opportunities to explore the streets so we loved this opportunity to find this cities little treasures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Eddie kept telling me, "I just don't get that shoe picture." I guess it's because he wasn't as in love with her red heels as I was.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 Response to "Christina + Reuben...One Month Until I Dos"

  1. Holly Said,

    Personally I completely understand the shoe shot. Maybe it's a girl thing? To me it has a fun and romantic Wizard of Oz feel. Maybe that's because I was born in Kansas!?!?!