Tips for Planning Your Wedding

This is more like a photographer's wish list. It's a list of things you can do to ensure that you get the best images possible. And a few side tips too!

A Variety Pack

Black and White, Color, or a vintage feel. We love to give you lots of options when we edit each photo.

All The Details

Every little detail, every side story...we capture it all. We shoot all of our weddings as though it was our own.

All the Emotions

I love those moments where everyone lets there walls down and they just allow themselves to fall into that exact moment. It's the emotional part of the story.

Images by the Thousands

We get asked all the time...How many pictures do you take? The answer...on average we take 2000-5000 images

Husband and Wife Team

We first fell in love with photography. Then many years later we fell in love with each other. We combined our passions and found a way to spend more time together. An innovative photography company prevailed.

Eddie's Blog

Eddie has his own blog too. It's another perspective on our photography adventures. You can find his blog at lyfephotography.blogspot.com.

Holly + Joseph.....Years in the Making

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, January 24, 2010
They sat next to each other, opened her scrapbook and began to pour over all of her junior high school memories. There he was in the background. They went to the same school but never talked to each other. They stood in the same photos as complete strangers. During high school they had a health class together where they chatted during class and worked on home work. The class only lasted 9 months and they parted ways.
They later had a second chance when he showed up at her best friends dorm room to announce that he was newly single. He was a free man and she was excited to get reconnect with a good friend. There love blossomed until they realized that they just couldn't live without each other.
He later proposed at a sushi restaurant. It's not quite what he had in mind....Holly wanted to stay home and relax after a long week. The answer was yes and two friends set out on a journey to marry.
Today, Holly is a wedding photographer in Florida. She does amazing work so we were super nervous to do her wedding. Though we only met them the day before their wedding we had a blast getting to know them. We hope for the best as they start their new life together in Florida!!!!
Photobucket

I seriously love her flowers. Such bright and luscious colors. Simply amazing!

Photobucket

The look on his face as he looks at Holly is so stinking cute. He looks so in love!

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the suggestions we always make is to think of locations away from your venue to explore for formals. One, it ensures that you get a gorgeous background for your photos. Two, it allows some time for you to step away from all the stress and relax.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, I have to send a shout out to Holly. I love this photo. I try so hard to recreate it, but it never turns out quite like this. You rock!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the troubles we experience during the reception is colored spot lights effecting the photos. Occasionally the lights would shine on the walls and change the mood of the entire room. So I think to myself....spot lights on the dance floor ruin photos....spots lights on walls make the photos more colorful. Hmmm. A good idea...I think so!

Photobucket

1 Response to "Holly + Joseph.....Years in the Making"

  1. Holly Said,

    Let's see, where to begin...

    We have a crazy "how they met" story. I almost get exhausted as soon as someone asks! :P

    I absolutely LOVED my flowers too. I've always loved that color of Calla Lily and luckily married a man who LOVES orange. Go me!

    That stinkin' cute look he gave me up there...he gives that to me a lot. I know, I'm pretty lucky!

    I'll agree that I rock because I absolutely LOVE that photo of me too...and will definitely try to recreate it!

    Oh...I hope you guys weren't really nervous about shooting my wedding! I hope you had a blast! I felt like you guys were part of the family and so did every one else. My only regret is that with the craziness of the day I actually forgot you were there and then felt like I was slave driving you once I remembered how long you'd been there! I was glad to find out the wedding party was making sure you were refreshed and such :)

    I'm sorry if the DJ's lighting caused any problems! I wasn't even thinking about it and honestly can't even remember special lighting! I was going a mile a minute!

    Have I mentioned that you guys rock?!?! I was weirded out about having someone shoot my wedding since I'm a photographer and I like to be in control *shocking!* but I was blessed to find you guys!

    One more time...YOU ROCK!